Catherine Satour is an Alice Springs local, a mentor, singer, home owner and the Candidate for Namatjira with the Australian Federation Party.
Catherine has a working background in the Arts, Media, Business Administration and Governance and has extensive experience in working on social and community issues.
She has been on the Alice Springs Town Council as a Councillor since 2017 in her time in Local Government has a proven track record of delivering outcomes on key concerns within the Alice Springs community:
- A zero rate rise for ratepayers 20-21
- Embarking on strengthening relationships within our community to work towards solutions for Youth and the safety of our community
- Leading of the successful raising of the Aboriginal Flag on Anzac Hill
- Inclusion of Central Arrernte People into Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Successful in Alice Springs being National NAIDOC key event National Focus City 2020
- $200k towards supporting the Alice Springs Arts Industry recovery from COVID19
Being an Alice Springs local with strong connections to the region, I understand the concerns people have. I have put my hand up to represent you at Territory level and am running in the electorate of Namatjira as there is a genuine desire for better representation and advocacy on the real issues.
The priorities are keeping the Government of the day accountable. Budget repair is crucial over the next four years, especially with the economy hit hard across all sectors from COVID19 and crime prior to the pandemic. Essential Services and Housing is important along with Community Justice and Safety for the region. Economic opportunities are a key factor in rebuilding the region and moving it forward. I joined the Australian Federation Party as it aligned with my values, all Policies for Central Australia are researched and developed by Central Australian Territorians and for Central Australians best interest at heart. It is important that Central Australia is represented and advocated strongly and consistently. I believe I can do that and I have the experience to reflect this.
It would be my privilege to take these concerns of the Namatjira residents directly to Parliament House in Darwin and ensure your voice is heard. Together we can achieve real outcomes so ensure we continue to enjoy the great Central Australian lifestyle.