Scott Sandford is one of our two candidates for Brindabella. He is a local businessman who has a great deal of experience in the local trades and transport industry. Scott has been self-employed for most of his working life running a small business and creating jobs for other local residents. Scott is married and has lived in Canberra all of his adult life. Scott is passionate about lowering the cost of living for ACT residents especially when it comes to fees, charges, and rates.
Scott is committed to:
- Bring new and expanded health services to Tuggeranong, including a 24-hour walk-in medical service.
- Protect our older and vulnerable people from COVID 19
- Fix the traffic jam on McBryde St Wanniassa caused by the pickup and drop off for 3 schools and a child care centre
- Create new jobs through innovative transport and export projects
- Listen to you and take your needs and aspirations into our parliament and implement them.
- Launch an inquiry into the ACT health system to identify current deficiencies and plan for a larger city’s needs
- Continue to support and work towards the Iron Boomerang rail project, including a rail link between Canberra Airport and Eden bringing billions of dollars of economic benefits and jobs to the ACT.
- Support the extension of light rail to Tuggeranong as soon as possible.
- Support the development of West Tuggeranong to create jobs, lower land prices, and help businesses recover from their COVID 19 losses.